Something always happens at the last minute – always! I finished cutting all the mats and mounting the prints, only to have the glass break on the very last frame.
The entire show will be twenty-five 11×14 frames, five 20×20 frames, four 16×20 frames, and a couple of small 10×10 ones. The glass that broke was (of course) from one of the 20×20 frames. So, I spent part of my weekend getting more and more panicked as we searched town for a replacement.
20×20 is an odd size and these frames were cut a bit too small. Because of that the glass was a snug fit – too snug – it broke when I opened the frame up. The simple solution – exchange the defective frame for one that was less tight – wasn’t possible because the store was out of that size frame.
3 stores later, we finally found someone who could cut glass to fit the frame so that they would all match. The glass cost more than the frame originally did, but I was desperate enough to pay it.
Now that the project is finished and ready to hang it’s on to the next project. I haven’t quite decided what that is yet.